Menu

RS G users-check in please!

DD10 is using G now.  We are working through it slowly along with a few other programs shoring up her fractions, decimals, percentages, and ratios before getting into pre-Algebra.  G isn't one of her favorites because of the element of precision and need for assistance when it's reportedly student independent.  However, when I work through the lessons with her, she feels more favorable towards the lessons.  We stick with it because I personally love the topics covered;it covers the basics of geometry, algebra, trigonometry...  

If you've used the previous RS levels, the goniometer would have come with the supplies.  So far DD's only used her T-square, angles, and drawing board and she's about 30+ lessons into it, so I can't speak to all the tools needed. 

My little man just finished Lesson 140 today. So, I have to say... yes—scientific calculator (Casio FX-300MS), yes—goniometer, yes—geometry panels, and yes—mmArc compass! (This SAFE-T compass is not preferred and sometimes can't be used, so we don't recommend it.) You will need the centimeter cubes and tangrams as well. 

My little man just finished Lesson 140 today. So, I have to say... yes—scientific calculator (Casio FX-300MS), yes—goniometer, yes—geometry panels, and yes—mmArc compass! (This SAFE-T compass is not preferred and sometimes can't be used, so we don't recommend it.) You will need the centimeter cubes and tangrams as well.

This is SO helpful! Thanks! Did you enjoy it? Did you couple it with anything (rs suggestion of vt? ) How did that go?

I'm not sure how I missed your post on the other thread! When you finish VT, do you believe he will have enough algebra to claim alg 2?

This is something I'm struggling with. Can they REALLY understand algebra 2 in 8th grade? Then what for high school?

If they're able to finish VT in 8th grade, yes. If not, can easily slow down.

High school -- geometry, precalc, calc, stats, number theory, probability, logic, set theory, programming, multivariable calc, math for liberal arts, etc.

• Like 1