Menu

R &S math to ?

nknapp5

My ds 6 is just about to finish R&S math 1 and I am looking for something alittle more challenging than R&S math 2, which is what my dd 7 is using now. My ds looks at her book and answers the ?'s quicker than she can. I was going to switch to Saxon 2 but not sure if that is the way to go either. He likes workbooks and becomes bored very easily. Thought about Abeka but never used it before. Any recommendations? Also need something not very teacher intensive. Thanks in advance!

Another vote for CLE.

Is CLE a math curriculum that is more advanced at grade levels? Does that make sense? I've been told saxon 1 is more like saxon k but programs like Singapore and Abeka 1 are more like being in 2nd grade. I ask because if my ds is using R&S 1 would he need to redo 1st grade math if using CLE?

Is CLE a math curriculum that is more advanced at grade levels? Does that make sense? I've been told saxon 1 is more like saxon k but programs like Singapore and Abeka 1 are more like being in 2nd grade. I ask because if my ds is using R&S 1 would he need to redo 1st grade math if using CLE?

I'm not familiar with all that is taught in R&S 1, but CLE does have great placement tests that would be very helpful in deciding what level to place him.