Menu

NOEO Chemistry - which level?

lanabug

I'm looking at NOEO science for next year.  I will have a 4th grader and a 2nd grader.  We've done Elemental ESA this year, which has been okay, although I haven't been as consistent in getting it done as I would like.  I'd like to keep the kids together for science, but wondering if Level 1 would be too easy for my 4th grader.  Any suggestions?

Lana

I have not used Noeo Chemistry, but my 5th grader is using Biology 2 now.  At the beginning of the year, my 2nd grader wanted to do the same science, but he very quickly found out that he couldn't keep up with the reading.  He is a very strong reader, but this vocabulary was just over his head.  I could've read it to him, but I really felt he needed his own thing. 

So, I would caution against combining them in the higher level.  As far as the lower level is concerned, I really can't say how easy that would be.

Well, I am planning to combine a 1st grader and a 4th grader in NOEO Chemistry I next year. My 4th grader fits better there than with her older sister in NOEO Physics 2 I think. I've done NOEO Biology I before. There isn't anything in it inappropriate for a 4th grader.