Menu

FYI: AP Calc "C"

<http://cty.jhu.edu/ctyonline/courses/advanced_placement/ap_calculus_c.html>

This AP Calculus C course covers topics in single variable differential and integral calculus typically found in a first-year college Calculus II course, intended for students who have already completed AP Calculus AB, or the first half of AP Calculus BC.  While taking the Advanced Placement (AP) Calculus BC exam is not required, this course prepares students to succeed on the AP Calculus BC exam and subsequent courses.

It appears the "C"  is derived from "BC".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
It appears the "C"  is derived from "BC".

AB and BC are actually derived from a common practice when more schools were on quarters of calling the quarters calculus A, B, and C. Using quarter credits, calculus ABC would cover the same as Calculus I and II on semesters.

Daijobu: This course would follow calculus AB and prepare for the BC examination.

Edit: There are apparently also a few universities on semesters that offer an alternative three-semester calculus track. While this would be of little use to engineering students who need their calculus as fast as possible, it could be amazing for pre-medical students or others who just need to finish calculus in time to take physics before the MCAT.

• Like 1

AB and BC are actually derived from a common practice when more schools were on quarters of calling the quarters calculus A, B, and C. Using quarter credits, calculus ABC would cover the same as Calculus I and II on semesters.

Daijobu: This course would follow calculus AB and prepare for the BC examination.

Oh I see.  Thanks.