Menu

Hooray! Made it through the first day of school!

Honestly, this was the first year I was really dreading it. I had a serious case of the "don'wannas" last night.

Although the children have had off for the last two weeks in all subjects except history, we didn't finish last year's history until . . . this past Friday. And I usually REALLY like to have the summer off for history. Didn't happen. I was NOT thrilled about basically having no break for me.

They didn't forget all of their Latin and Math in the last two weeks. Hooray! They did have a little review to do to get back on track, but overall, everything went pretty smoothly, they had decent attitudes, and I basically accomplished what I set out to do today!

I feel a lot better having started. I think we can just move forward one step at a time. I'm honestly a bit relieved that we're a couple of weeks away from starting CW Homer and probably a couple of months away from starting Henle. This is probably just as well--better to ease in slowly. I'm pretty happy with finishing up some loose ends in Aesop and LC II at the beginning of the year without having to jump into the deep end right away.