Menu

FLL question

Mommy to monkeys

FLL 1 and 2 didn't undergo much change at all. I think they took some of the overlap with WWE out of the separate volumes.

3 and 4 have workbooks and step the work up a notch. They're still 100% dependent on the oral instruction from the TM, but the DC is required to physically do more themselves.

Does this mean you could skip the first level and start with the second if starting with a 2nd grader (or older)?

DC can enter the series at grade level without completing the previous levels. If you're unsure you can easily find the older combined 1/2 version on the used market.

When my bigs were little the first two levels only came in one combined text. I made them run through the first level to start with, but we did condense it by eliminating redundant lessons and doing 2-3 easy lessons at a time.

I started in the first to be sure I didn't miss anything.  It's kind of driving my second grader nuts.  I've started skipping huge swaths of stuff to make sure we hit the grammar components and move to something a little less...."primary."

There are 35 lessons, I think, before you get to the second part of speech.  That's a lot of repetition of what a noun is.