Menu

Children's version Qur'an?

jmarchman

Hi all,

We are currently reading Pearl S. Buck's Story Bible.  It is exactly what I was looking for in a children's Bible: no-pictures, clear, beautiful language, no interpretation (the text speaks for itself).

I would love to find something similar for the Qur'an.  Does anyone know if such a thing exists?  All I can find are cartoon-y collections of stories, and I am too unfamiliar with the Qur'an to really know what I am looking at.  I understand that it is considered ideal to read the Qur'an in the original Arabic, and that there are only one or two authorized English translations.  Perhaps this tighter approach to their scriptures prevents a children's version in the vein of Buck's?  Anyway, would love to be pointed toward such a thing if it *does* exist.

TIA!!

Jennifer 

The closest I've managed to find is the "Quran for Little Hearts" series, and you won't want to spend that much unless you are quite sure you can resell them.

Since the stories are pretty much the same, perhaps it would be more use to read the 'Prophet Muhammed for Little Hearts' series. There are far fewer of them, so won't put such a dent in your pocket book.

There is a version of Quran written for children. It is a big book, and my 10 year old still needs a fair amount of help to understand the context in places.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1467990531/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1423695137&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=yahya+emerick&dpPl=1&dpID=51kePwiLt6L&ref=plSrch

The same author does a book with only the final part of the Quran. This is the part that most Muslims are most familiar with, and many of the themes are less complex(talking about heaven and hell for example, instead of inheritance laws)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1463783272/ref=pd_aw_sim_b_1?refRID=0XKV9B65HWBHF6EWDQEG

Goodword publishers have many books about Islam for children.