Menu

Trifold Boards

I don't put a lot on my walls, but I do find it's helpful to have a few things visible:

• The most essential is a handwriting chart for them to reference quickly when writing. Cursive and print for my ds7, print and numbers for my dd4, along with an index card showing b and d, since those are very tricky for her. 
  • A world map for quick reference when a country comes up in conversation
  • Spelling charts for All About Spelling for ds7's spelling lessons
  • Monthly whiteboard calendar for my dd4, who loves to fill it in each month and cross off the days. 
  • Whatever art we're studying, if we're doing art appreciation (CM style.) 

Hobby Lobby sells a large cork panel 24X36 that you can use the 40 or 50% coupon on. I've glued felt over foam core board to make felt boards.  I put felt on and reattached the frame on an old whiteboard to make a felt board on one side.  The other side is still whiteboard, and actually I'm using it right now for a big puzzle, hehe.  Works on both sides, double duty!  I also love, love, love my Board Dudes boards.  They're about 17X20 and magnetic whiteboard.  I like things I can slide away.