Menu

Please come here to review the Paddington bear movie after you see it...

Jennifer132

My children, 9 and 7 have never been to the theater, and my IL's want to take them to see Paddington. We have very strict values about what they watch, and they haven't seen anything PG, or anything we haven't previewed. Movies have not played much role at all in their lives, but my IL's love going to the movies, so it is quite special to take my kids with them.

Can anyone give me a heads up on anything we might find questionable in the movie? We do like the book, but I would never rate the book PG, so I wonder if there is some content in the movie we may not like.

Lol, I see now that it comes out tomorrow, which is when my IL's want to take them! Shows how much I keep up with movies! Well, maybe some of you will see it tomorrow and come back and review it for me!?

We took my VERY sensitive dd5 to see it with family whist on holiday in the UK recently. I was hesitant, as she has not seen movies in theaters other than say, the planetarium, and we don't watch television. She has only seen about 3 movies (and then in bits and pieces) because the drama is too much for her:)

I was pleasantly surprised. The movie is sweet and cute. Funny.

There were a couple of parts she was frightened in,!and she watched from my lap. The 'threat' of being killed and stuffed was scary to her and she thought the villain was pretty scary. I actually thought it was well done, and she IS super sensitive.

The scariest part for her was when the villian has Paddington on the roof of the British Museum and looks like he will be captured. It ends with Dad saving Paddington and the villian dangling from the roof before being caught. Alex was pretty nervous, but really it was done well--no injuries, family pulls together and learns lessons, villian is apprehended and justice is served. The end of the movie even shows how she has to make amends to society, working with animals and shoveling poo, which dd found hysterical.

Really, I can't think of anything that was questionable. Silly, gross, etc., maybe. Oh, I guess dd was VERY offended that Paddington was wrongly accused when the house is so damaged after the villian broke into the house attempting to capture him, and upset that no one believes him, but this was actually a very good stepping stone for conversation. And she is particularly prone to being upset at perceived injustices:)

Hope that helps a bit. I do think it doesn't get much more inoffensive in a theater than this movie!