Menu

Melatonin

BlsdMama

Whoa.

Costco had melatonin on sale, so like every person, I bought it.  I took it the last two nights and I did sleep very hard, but coincidentally or not, I'm wondering, is it my imagination, or do you feel "heavy" in the morning?   It's almost like some kind of residual hangover.  I don't like it.  Has this been your experience?

Yes, that is my experience as well. I like melatonin, but typically only as a short term help to get over jet lag or to help me get back on track after falling into a pattern of sleeping too late and then staying awake too late at night. I don't use it if I need to drive or otherwise be particularly alert the next morning.

Not at all, but when I take it, I find that half of the recommended dose works just fine. I have Sleepwell gummies, and the label says to take two. I did that the first night, after I had had a couple of months of poor sleep, and slept like a log. The next couple of nights, I took one and was fine. Now I take one every week or ten days and still sleep fine.

I wonder if the form you are taking it also is an issue. I have read that the tablets can dissolve so slowly that they do not work as fast as other forms. Could it be kicking in too late in your sleep time, this giving you a melatonin hangover? Dr. Mom, signing off. . ..

I love my melatonin gummies. They were exactly what I needed to get my sleep back on track. Lack of sleep is a highly underrated stressor in my book.