Menu

thinkwell has a sale....should I switch?? kinda long

Hi...again.  I know you must think all I do is post on this board!  :)  The only time I actually have the opportunity to get here is on breaks like now, so I have to make the most of my time.  I am in the process of revamping our school for one major reason-ME.  I have chronic pain that limits my energy and after 3 years of this, I am really tired!  

So...I am looking for ways to allow my kiddos more independence and give me some breathing room during the day.

I am schooling 10th grade and two 7th grade, and a senior who is doing mostly community college classes but a few things with me.

Question here is Thinkwell.  My 7th graders are doing Lial Prealgebra 4th edition and doing well with it...but I am lecturing everyday.  And one of them really really dislikes math in general.  He used to love math, but somewhere along the line, that has changed.  The other 7th grader is bright and picks up on things much quicker than the other.  I have kept them together which works o.k. I think.  We are only finished with chapter 3, since it took a while to find a fit with prealgebra (we tried Tabletclass, Horizons, and 1 other I can't remember right now!1)   I tried using the videos that went along with Lial's but the format was horrible for our computer.

I would hate to change ....again but the thought of not having to lecture everyday is appealing, I must admit.  I believe they are getting a good foundation with Lial, so I will continue if I need to.  Also, if I switch to Thinkwell now, then we could continue using it for the long run if it is a good fit.  That would be great since I don't know where we will go after Lial prealgebra. 

Has anyone used Thinkwell that can chime in and give me their opinion.  Do you like Thinkwell...is it good for upper grades?  Could we continue with it next year and more importantly, for the higher math??

SO SORRY this is so long.  Would love any feedback!