Menu

Teaching from a state of rest book

Has anyone read this book or listened to the audio?  I'm curious about it.  I also know that I am not good at all about loosey goosey schedules.  It makes me nervous and uptight.  I don't want to buy the book and find a "just let life happen and read good books and be happy!"  That doesn't work with me, but all I know is that right now when I don't have to do homeschool, I'm way more relaxed, I am enjoying being with my children more, and my house is cleaner (which is the first thing to go, so I'm not too concerned about cleanliness levels).  

I have short moments of stress about homeschooling. Mostly as ds is getting to the high school years, I'm seeing the limitations of homeschooling. No, I am not an expert in all subjects and cannot specialize to the point where my children get the best of instructors in their field. But, they are having to learn subjects on their own and there are enough places now to outsource. College has me a little concerned especially with all the government seems to be trying to do by squashing anyone who does not subscribe to common core. I can only do what I can do. I don't stress too much about what I can't do and have enough seasoned homeschoolers around me to keep me grounded.

I know she has a money back guarantee on her site. I'll have to think about it.

I am not sure if this makes a difference or not but her oldest is in 6th grade, I believe. If you are wanting more seasoned advice pertaining to High School you may want to skip it. On the other hand, it might be a nice reminder that no one can cover it all perfectly...