Menu

Need computer calendar ideas- help!

DragonFaerie

So, I have been using an outdated calendar on my computer for a long time now, and the other day, Mozilla apparently decided it was time to kill Sunbird. :-(  So, I went scrambling for some kind of new calendar to use on my computer, but I can't find anything I like.  Mozilla's "solution" is an add-on for their email Thunderbird program (which I also use).  So, I downloaded the add-on, but I really, REALLY don't like it.  I just do not like my calendar included in with my email program.  So, then I tried Google Calendar.  I HATE that.  My biggest problem there is that it's internet based.  I don't want to have to get online just to look something up on the calendar. 

What I'm really wanting is some type of downloadable freeware program.  I want to be able to easily add things to the calendar, especially repeating events so I don't have to type everything in over and over and over (this is what keeps me from using an old-fashioned paper planner), print calendar pages when I need to, and, most importantly, set up reminders for events.  Any suggestions?

I do all that with Google Calendar. I can view it online, but I also have it set to sync my personal calendar and my shared work calendar with my iPhone's native calendar app, which is usually where I look at it. Have you tried Cozi?

I haven't heard of Cozi, but I'll look it up.  Thanks for the suggestion.

ETA: Yeah, that's not what I'm after.  That is an app and website calendar.  It doesn't look much different than Google Calendar.  I'm looking for downloadable software to be used offline.  Thanks, though!