Menu

Need placemat suggestions (addition/subtraction/number bonds)

4KookieKids

I've been trying to find a good math placemat for my boy, and am pretty disappointed with my findings so far. I've checked out Melissa & Doug and the ones at Rainbow Resource, and a few other random ones on Amazon. I want something that is visual in the sense of not just lots of equations, but also not just simple counting. IDEALLY, what I would look would be split into six different sections, and each section would look something like this:

[[ Picture with number bonds (singapore style) of whole 10 with parts 9 and 1 ]]

10 = 9 + 1

10 = 1 + 9

[[ Picture of two rows of five circles, with 9 in one color, and 1 in the another color]]

10 - 9 = 1

10 - 1 = 9

And this framework would be repeated for 10+0, 9+1, 8+2, 7+3, 6+4, and 5+5. Extras would be ok, too, but I'd really like it to have at least these basic components.

I feel like it's just what makes *sense* when learning things that make 10, and yet no one seems to have one like this. Can anyone point me in the right direction? If not, I'm resigned to just making my own and having Office Max laminate it, but common sense says that *someone* else has probably already done it! :)