Menu

Need birthday games ideas from the creative moms! And soon!

matrips

My kids' birthday is tomorrow, but the kids party (with about 15 10yos) is Sunday. Pinterest is too overwhelming and I'm just not feeling creative. Three hour party. main craft will be decorating gingerbread houses, so figuring about 30 minutes for that. Last year we did pin the hats on the birthday kids, but we had less kids and it still seemed to run too long. Kids also like piñata, so I may pick up one of them. But with that many kids, it seems long to wait in line. And they want time for capture the flag, we ran out of time last year and they didn't get to finish their game before kids got picked up.

Anyway, what are some fun, easy and active backyard games for this age and how would I run/manage them? My kids are competitive so would prefer things that are not win/lose. I trash-picked some 4' tall wooden painted snowmen and trees last week thinking I could do something with them. Can anyone lay out a definite gameplan for me? I need help! And details!

Thank you! I know there are bound to be great ideas coming out of this group!