Menu

Whimzees

Night Elf

Does anyone know if these dog treats are bad for dogs? I don't feed rawhide bones to my dog because they are a choking hazard which nearly gave me a heart attack once. I got a free sample of whimzees and the dogs had an easy time chewing them but I don't know if they are a hazard like the rawhide bones.

I'm not familiar with Whimzees, but the best alternative to rawhide that I have found are antlers. No worries about splintering, no mess. Excellent for teeth cleaning. They seem expensive, but they last a year or more with my dog who chews on them daily. They're *really* expensive at my local pet store, so I order them from here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/WSPuppyeyes

I'm not familiar with Whimzees, but the best alternative to rawhide that I have found are antlers. No worries about splintering, no mess. Excellent for teeth cleaning. They seem expensive, but they last a year or more with my dog who chews on them daily. They're *really* expensive at my local pet store, so I order them from here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/WSPuppyeyes

This is good to know as I was recently at the pet store with little pup in tow and she was enamored of the antlers which were at floor level. I bought a size-appropriate one for her and she loves it. It seems that their saliva and teeth disintegrate the antler into soft pieces. Now I've got to get one for the big guy as he's keen on them, too, and hers is too small for him.

Sorry, OP, I'm not familiar with Whimzees.