Menu

HUFI/Charlotte Mason Help qs

I realize that Linda Fay closed her site and I'm not privy to all the details. It looks as though some things were taken down from her site and during this time, some ladies spoke of forming a new group to continue implementing her methods.

Does anyone have a link for the new yahoo forum or know how to access the highschool booklist?

I really miss HUFI material and would like to reconnect to it.

Thanks.

From my understanding of her site, her lists for the upper years were, in general, the same as the upper years (7-12) as Ambleside Online. I do believe that she modified the lists to some degree by substituting different books for some AO books and based this on personal preference. I do remember that she would list each book list for each AO year and included comments about which books they liked and which books they did not. I also remember that AO had her remove these lists later. (I think when they became more strict with copyrights, but I'm not sure of the exact reason. It was kind of an overreaction on the part of AO, IMHO, but...) But, this is all that I can remember. Year 12 at AO has just been added in the last two years or so, so I do remember that this year has been more open to interpretation due to its simply not being available yet for such a long time.

Here is a compiled list of book reviews:

http://www.charlottemasonhelp.com/2010/10/normal-0-false-false-false.html

Also, it may help to look at the books she includes for Older Students at her Amazon Bookstore:

http://astore.amazon.com/higherupandfu-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=41

I wish that she did not close this site as well.  I managed to print year 8, but did not think I would need to print the older grades.   I liked how she incorporated different books and gave other options.  I have bookmarked the Amazon book list.   For example, we enjoyed reading The Story of Europe by HE Marshall, which is not listed on AO.  

Thanks for posting that!