Menu

Pencil sharpeners - love yours or hate it? Need to buy and need recs!

matrips

Another pencil sharpener has bit the dust.  It was awesome, until it just stopped. 

Anyone have one they love?  I'd prefer electric; but only because I worry about the sticking power of the manuals.  If that is not an issue, either is fine.

Thanks in advance!

ps- if you  bought a highly rated one and hate it, would love to know that too.

The ones we use are the little plastic square ones that come with our oversized Ticonderoga pencils.  We've only ever used Ticonderogas and we've only ever used those sharpeners and we've never had a problem with breakage, frustration, etc.  They are WAY low tech, but it gets the job done in about 20 seconds and we're back to work.  We won't be changing any time soon.

My favourite is a battery powered mini sharpener that gets the pencil to a perfect point every time. I got it for five or ten dollars at Walmart, and it is finally wearing out after five years of regular use.

http://www.amazon.com/X-ACTO-Mini-Buzz-Battery-Powered-Sharpener-16757/dp/B0072B9O2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415194799&sr=8-1&keywords=exacto+battery+powered+pencil+sharpener