Menu

Nook help - not charging!

AimeeM

I had a similar problem with my first kindle. It charged great at first, but then after about 6 months, I had to wiggle the cord to get it to charge. I should have returned it then, but didn't. Eventually I had to lean the charging port a certain way against the wall for it to work. Then it quit charging at all. :( I then searched Google to see if anyone else was having problems, and boy was they ever. Thousands of complaints that the charging port was loose, but after the one year warranty I was out of luck.

Long story short: I wish I had contacted the company at the first start of problems or at least done a Google search to see if anyone else was having problems. (I was reluctant because it was a gift)

I had a similar problem with my first kindle. It charged great at first, but then after about 6 months, I had to wiggle the cord to get it to charge. I should have returned it then, but didn't. Eventually I had to lean the charging port a certain way against the wall for it to work. Then it quit charging at all. :( I then searched Google to see if anyone else was having problems, and boy was they ever. Thousands of complaints that the charging port was loose, but after the one year warranty I was out of luck.

Long story short: I wish I had contacted the company at the first start of problems or at least done a Google search to see if anyone else was having problems. (I was reluctant because it was a gift)

You should have called them. I had my Kindle Fire replaced after 14 months because it stopped charging.

OP: I don't know if Barnes and Noble would have the same policy, but it's certainly worth trying.

Never mind. There was some sort of disconnect. DH suggested I turn it off and plug in the charger; when I did, it said "100%" charged. When I turned it back on, it was fully charged. So it wasn't charging because it was fully charged, but there was some sort of disconnect with what it was showing. It's working beautifully now.

He did get the extended warranty on it, but wasn't awake when I started having the problem. Now that I know there is a warranty I know that if I have other issues, I can take it to the B&N and have it fixed or replaced.

Thanks y'all.