Menu

Reading list for "The Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading"?

jens2sons

I'm looking for a reading list for TOPGTTR.  Does anyone have or know of a literature list that has books at-level-reading according to the lessons?  My ds is bored with just reading from the guide but I dont know what books to use and when.  If not, I'm considering changing over to Memoria Press's Classical Phonics program that has it all mapped out.  I like how they use real books in their Storytime Treasure series.  We have the Pathway Readers but I dont know when to add in which book along with TOPGTTR.  I'm tired of trying to piece everything together.  Please help!  Thanks :)

BOB books go along with it pretty well. And the Nora Gaydos readers. How far along is your child in OPG? I don't think there's really a list of books that I know of. The leveled ones from the early reader section of the library vary so much and some are so sight-word dependent that it's hard to choose without looking through the books. Sometimes I just tell my dd the word if it's something I know will come up in OPG later but we haven't gotten to the rule yet.