Menu

Halloween party help!

OneStepAtATime

DH, who hates parties, does not like hanging out with strangers, can't stand large gatherings of humanity, etc. morphed into someone else's DH and volunteered our house for a Halloween party for a local homeschool co-op last week.  Only the party is Saturday, October 25th and he will be out of town the entire week.  He arrives a few hours before the party.   I am not crafty.  I am a lousy cook.  But I do love the idea of having a party here and want it to be a success.  

Soooooo....I need Halloween party ideas that are not too scary or too complicated but will make this a success.   All age ranges, probably about 30 people, possibly 40.  There will be swimming but many are coming in costume anyway.

Contest ideas?

Food ideas?

Decorations?

Decorating will almost certainly have to be done Friday afternoon after co-op.  We have cats that come inside.  They can be kept out for a couple of days but I doubt we'd be successful for longer than that.  They are fast, stealthy and clever...and will potentially shred anything new within reach.

Anything I can prep early will be a big help.  

Thanks in advance for your brains.  :)

Orange and black streamers hung out of kitties reach.

I have purchased paper lantern bags with a battery powered candle at the dollar store.

Food is easy. A google search of family fun halloween treats should bring up recipes for witches fingers-pretzel rods with a slivered almond for the finger nail. Bones-pretzel stick with mini marshmallows on the ends the dipped in white chocolate. Etc. Witches brew -some kind of punch. Take a latex glove fill with water and freeze for a ghoulish ice cube.

Contests for best costume, scariest costume, funniest costume.

Fear factor contest-guess what is in the bowl. Grapes for eyeballs, noodles for brains.