Menu

Need advice\help choosing Spanish program (crossposted)

Ds is 15, has had 1 year spanish in "regular" HS last year. He is proficient in learning languages and found the pace in Honors spanish painfully slow, by way of telling you a bit about our needs. I've checked out local tutors-though it should be easy to find someone, nothing has turned up and when we used a tutor for German, it was not a great experience, so I'm wary of this option, perhaps needlessly. He thinks Rosetta Stone is the way to go. I've also considered the college-administered programs offered by University of Oklahoma. Our priorities:

self-paced

teaches grammar and conversation-ds really likes and needs the "logic" of the grammar, so if we chose RS we'd buy a grammar supplement too

reasonable price

Tall order?!

Please give me some advice! TIA!

for my kids. They aren't very big (only about 50 pages each, but they are FULL from top to bottom with adjectives, verb tenses, agreement, indefinite adjective, preps, etc.), but I figure if they do both books it will reinforce what they have learned, and, along with an audio immersion program we picked up from B&N and our Madrigal's, it should round out a second year for them.

Oh, they were CHEAP and they look pretty good. It's Hayes, "Exercises in Spanish Grammar." I got them from Homeschoolingbooks.com - hth

Take a look at Galore Park's "So You Really Want to Learn Spanish" and see what you think.

:iagree: If you search the board, K-8 and perhaps this one, I know there were some very good reviews of this program. I was quite tempted to buy it, but I decided we will continue on with only Latin at this point.

But I really, really want to buy this anyway. ;)

Anita