Menu

Countries with University entrance based on Exam Scores - what other records did you keep?

Just trying to get my ducks in a row.  My older boy has decided that this will be his 9th grade year (unless he progresses far enough in the IMO that he needs to delay university entrance).  So all of the sudden I need to get all the records organised.  NZ has exam based entrance into universities like the UK and Australia.

Most of the transcript stuff in the Mega thread is for USA universities as far as I can tell (have not read it all), so I am looking for advice about records to keep for entrance based on Exams only. The school where he takes the exams will keep his scores.  Is there a reason to keep other information? 

In extreme situations, universities can work off a portfolio, so I will definitely be keeping ds's math proofs and contest results. 

Ruth in NZ

For the UK, your application will be through UCAS. Their site has a lot of information. Briefly: you will need the names of educational establishments attended (home educated is a standard option) the names, dates and results for all public exams, a school reference which will include predicted grades for any last minute exams, and the pupil's personal statement (application essay).

There might possibly be other things but those are the basics.

L