Menu

New house help again, this time exterior color

momee

Farmhouse style home, big porch, tons of trees surrounding home and plans for lots of flowers, bushes and shade trees in beds.

Cannot :( do white due to HOA (silly, I know) 

So what other color do I want? I was just reading about why haint blue porch ceilings have been done in our neck of the woods and am excited to do that...but having trouble with siding color.

I'm looking at this certainteed catalog found here,

http://www.certainteed.com/resources/cts001.pdf

color choices on page 35.natural clay or granite gray.  I could do sandstone beige but that looks almost...I dunno...boring compared to others.

I'd hit pinterest or houzz for exterior farm house looks...I regret you can't do white because classic farmhouse to me says white with colorful shutters and front door.

I'm a big fan of yellow houses, if that's any help at all. :)

No matter what color you choose for the main body of the house, you can also jazz up the look with pots of flowers, a wreath on the door, shutters, etc.

If you are sad to have no white, I don't suggest going with the darker shades, even thigh they are dramatic and popular right now.

I see a lot of yellow houses with white trim paired with that blue porch ceiling farmhouse look. Otherwise I'd go light, pale or neutral (ie boring).

I live in an area with lots of old southern farmhouse styles.  Mostly white, but also yellow.  One house nearby just painted a very light light beige color and actually it looks really good, but this house has lots of windows and porches with white trim.  Also, one house is a grey blue with white trim.  Very pretty, but it does not have haint blue ceiling on the porch. 

Farmhouse style home, big porch, tons of trees surrounding home and plans for lots of flowers, bushes and shade trees in beds.

Cannot :( do white due to HOA (silly, I know) 

So what other color do I want? I was just reading about why haint blue porch ceilings have been done in our neck of the woods and am excited to do that...but having trouble with siding color.

I'm looking at this certainteed catalog found here,

http://www.certainteed.com/resources/cts001.pdf

color choices on page 35.natural clay or granite gray.  I could do sandstone beige but that looks almost...I dunno...boring compared to others.

I prefer the Sandstone Beige, of those colors, as it is most versatile.   I think the others will look dark and make the house look smaller.  The Sandstone Beige can be popped with any color, say bright aqua or some kind of green, or blue...