Menu

Need advice on returning an Xbox 360 for repairs. Has anyone here done that?

I don't know how to take it apart and I don't know what part I am suppose to send back to Xbox. Any advice? If no one here knows I will call tomorrow and find out but I usually come here first for answers to most of my questions. :001_smile:

We just sent ours in and got it back this last month. We live really close to Redmond, WA so it took all of a week and a half to get the 360 back. We were also told NOT to send the hard drive in. It just comes right off with the push of a button. No big deal. Here is a youtube

that shows you how to do it.

They sent us a shipping label and we had to find our own box and packing material.

We LUCKED OUT and got a BRAND NEW one back... nice... had to pay $100 but the 1 year warranty starts over again and they give you the option to extend the warranty for a fee.

You can also request all new cords (whatever each one is named... there are 4 I think) for FREE once you pay for the repair because the system goes back under warranty and the cords are covered under that... So they told me to call back in a couple days to ask for cords... I did and had 'em in less than a week.

HTH

This whole problem with xbox 360s is killing me. Ours started going out last week. We got it for the kids this past Christmas. Can I find the receipt? noooo...

ugg:banghead:

We didn't have the reciept either nor had we filled out the warranty card and they fixed ours no problem.