Menu

Trail Guide POE or Heart of Dakota?

Okay..I am trying to simplify my life with my 3 youngest, ages 9, 10 and 6.  6 year old just learning to read.  I am tired of the struggle of pulling in different things from all over.  We are more of a relaxed homeschool methodology BUT...as they get older we add in more intense grammar etc...

I am really wanting a Christian based learning that incorporates really good books.

Would LOVE and APPRECIATE thoughts on this!

Kim (I also have a 13 year old and 17 year old but they are doing other things)

What about Beautiful Feet Books? Or the Prairie Primer? Different styles--BF Books is Principle Approach, Prairie Primer is a unit study--but you wouldn't be pulling in different things from all over.

Or KONOS? Wonderful unit study based on godly character traits.

Well..Sonlight didn't work even though I wanted it to, I need a more relaxed approach, if there is a ton of stuff to ck off each day my mind goes kinda haywire.  I have mainly brought stuff in from here and there, trying to piece together my language, science etc...and I just want it layed out for me. I feel like more would get done that way.  I am tired of trying to find the "best" stuff here and there.  I am also not good at a lot of "creating of stuff" , hands on stuff we have to put together or figure out etc...

Well..Sonlight didn't work even though I wanted it to, I need a more relaxed approach, if there is a ton of stuff to ck off each day my mind goes kinda haywire.  I have mainly brought stuff in from here and there, trying to piece together my language, science etc...and I just want it layed out for me. I feel like more would get done that way.  I am tired of trying to find the "best" stuff here and there.  I am also not good at a lot of "creating of stuff" , hands on stuff we have to put together or figure out etc...

We liked HOD, but I don't know about combining all your ages, it's not really meant for multi-level.  MFW does schedule science as well as hands on activities & uses notebook pages (coloring pages, maps, etc...) but they aren't difficult.  It does have a daily grid, but the readings aren't as intense as Sonlight.  They have their scheduled readings, and have a "book basket" list (books that are listed in the back with books that go along with each weeks lessons) so you could add more books if you wanted/needed to.

They also have suggested spelling & LA that they recommend and is scheduled but isn't crucial.  You can still use your favorites if you want.