Menu

Can you recommend a book for a simple geography/country study?

kitten18

We're going to do a run-through of Galloping the Globe this year.

We're also doing SOTW 2 and some other U.S. History so I really just want to do a quick overview of world geography and learning a little about other countries.

Galloping the Globe is a nice spine (has maps and blank pages to fill out for about 28 countries) but it doesn't have any information about the countries.

I would like a book (atlas?) that would have 2 page or so description for various countries.  

I have The Usborne Essential Atlas of the World but it only covers continents, not individual countries.

Thanks

Thanks!

Children just like me is a great cultural reference. http://www.amazon.com/Children-Just-Like-Me-Celebration/dp/0789402017

I'm yet to find a really good geographical reference. So listening in.

That looks great, I did want to include some cultural reference.

The Kingfisher Geography Encyclopedia has one or two pages on each country that includes the flag, a map, and nice photos. 

A sample page:

post-75720-0-63396000-1404770230_thumb.j

Yes, that's what I was wanting.  Thanks for including the sample page, the sample pages on Amazon didn't have any of those country pages.  It looks like a good overall geography reference.

I bought a different edition for less than the $350 that is showing up for that one.  :lol:

I ordered both those books, used for $12.46 including shipping.   :hurray: