Menu

Kettle Bell

Night Elf

I started with a 15 lb kettlebell.  It quickly became too light for shorter workouts so I just lengthened the workout.  DH started with a 20 lb bell because of some health issues.  I now switch between the two during a workout.

I got this DVD for Christmas: http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Sculpt-Conditioning-Kettlebells-Lauren/dp/B001PO7J9A/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1408032948&sr=8-13&keywords=kettlebell+workout+dvd

It's pricier than most DVDs, but the instructor really knows what she's doing and maintains proper form.  You can really hurt yourself if you are not doing proper form (think of major back injuries).  As a former competitive power-lifter, I definitely know that you must maintain proper form to preserve your back.  Please make sure you watch a good instructional video before just trying kettlebells.

I started with a 15 lb kettlebell. It quickly became too light for shorter workouts so I just lengthened the workout. DH started with a 20 lb bell because of some health issues. I now switch between the two during a workout.

I got this DVD for Christmas: http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Sculpt-Conditioning-Kettlebells-Lauren/dp/B001PO7J9A/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1408032948&sr=8-13&keywords=kettlebell+workout+dvd

It's pricier than most DVDs, but the instructor really knows what she's doing and maintains proper form. You can really hurt yourself if you are not doing proper form (think of major back injuries). As a former competitive power-lifter, I definitely know that you must maintain proper form to preserve your back. Please make sure you watch a good instructional video before just trying kettlebells.

Lauren Brooks is amazing! I love her workouts! :001_wub:

Hmm.. I didn't think about the possibility of hurting my back. I already have occasional issues. Maybe the kettle bell isn't for me. It was just a thought because it looked like something that would interest me which is good since I hate exercise so much.

I also have some minor back issues, especially if I DON'T exercise, and I do kettlebells.  If you do the exercises properly, you should have no problems.  Start out with a lower weight -- like a 10 lb kettlebell.  If you're careful and watch an instructional video first, you should be fine.