Menu

Anyone from Philadelphia? Familiar with Lincoln Financial Field?

Alessandra

We are visiting Philadelphia, and I am taking dd to a One Direction concert at Financial Field tomorrow.

It would be a quick drive from where we are, but when I google, it looks as though I should have reserved a parking spot long ago. So google maps has a public transportation solution -- Broad Street SEPTA. I am close to one of the stops.

I would appreciate any advice from people familiar with Philadelphia or even with concerts or sports events in big stadiums. I don't usually go to this kind of thing (well, never have), so any advice would be helpful.

I could tell you how timing for going to the Metropolitan Opera, but not this, lol.

I have never heard of reserving a parking spot for a concert.  I've been to many concerts and other events at large stadiums,  We've always showed up early and paid to park in the lots close to the stadium.  To my knowledge there is no reserved parking.

You will be able to park. We go to concerts there often and often do not have parking reservations. There are many lots surrounding the field. As you approach, you will fall in to the concert traffic and begin to see the guys in the street waving cars into various lots. Price is usually about $20. I get as close as I can to LFF, and have also been pleasantly surprised to find good parking open right in the LFF parking lot!

I would not do Broad Street Septa on my own with dd post-concert, but others certainly do.

HTH, and have fun!

I have never heard of reserving a parking spot for a concert. I've been to many concerts and other events at large stadiums, We've always showed up early and paid to park in the lots close to the stadium. To my knowledge there is no reserved parking.

I would much rather drive, since we will be walking all day around Independence Park and will be tired.

How early is early? People showed up for recent Super Bowl six hours or more ahead of time!

(When I googled stadium parking, all kinds of reservation options showed up and some were 'not available' for today.)

You will be able to park. We go to concerts there often and often do not have parking reservations. There are many lots surrounding the field. As you approach, you will fall in to the concert traffic and begin to see the guys in the street waving cars into various lots. Price is usually about $20. I get as close as I can to LFF, and have also been pleasantly surprised to find good parking open right in the LFF parking lot!

I would not do Broad Street Septa on my own with dd post-concert, but others certainly do.

HTH, and have fun!

That is good to hear, as I would much prefer to drive. Being waved into a lot is fine. I pictured myself being closed out of the main lot and not being able to find another. Yesterday, we attempted to park at the Franklin Institute. It was full, we were given directions for an open air lot nearby, with valet parking. Our car was full of luggage AND the weather cleared up, so we decided to go to hotel instead. But that experience scarred me, lol. ;-)

Just out of curiosity, is SEPTA not safe at that time/ place, or is it simply crowded?

Lol, enjoy. You're a good mom to endure!

Sorry I wasn't around earlier to answer your Septa question. Yes, it would be safety for me.

We got here about an hour early. Easy peasy. Thank you SO MUCH for the advice! Am glad to be going back in our car and not with tens of thousands of fans in a crush.

In any case, it is a beautiful evening here, not too hot or too cold.

And we had a wonderful time today touring Independence Hall, Todd House and Bishop's House, among other things. Kids love Philadelphia!

ETA VENT. I thought the concert was over at 7:45, but it turns out it was some other band. The it poured. Waited inside 45 minutes. Now, at 8:30, some other band is playing....