Menu

Paper registration for the SAT?

saw

Could anyone pretty please tell me how to find the paper registration form for the SAT on the website? DD is taking the SAT in China this fall (school year abroad) and apparently the registration process has to be done on paper not online. I cannot however seem to find the form on the website anywhere (I know she should be taking responsibility and she does, I'm just helping out). I've emailed the SAT folks to ask them but thought that maybe someone here could help direct me to the paper forms.

I'm afraid this will be the first of many questions. DD is 15 and we've decided that she will apply to college this year rather than waiting an extra year (she's two years accelerated). The final decision was made just within the last couple of weeks (her call of course) so now we're trying to get it all together before she goes to China.

Thanks for any and all advice!

For testing in the US paper registration forms are available from the local public high school guidance office.  For international testing though, I'd suggest you call the College Board and have them talk you through the process. This should be done quickly as there can be a shortage of seats available for international testers.

Good luck!

Yes, call them.  I got extremely frustrated with the phone people last year over an AP issue, but your situation should be pretty straightforward.  You need to know exactly what to do at this point, and don't be afraid of asking for a supervisor if the phone person isn't getting the job done.  

I called them and was told that paper registration forms cannot be downloaded from the site and that it takes 7 to 10 business days to get a form in the mail. We leave the US for the UK in 10 days, so there's a risk we won't get the forms in time. I called the local high school but they are closed for the summer. It seems high schools here start late. I spoke to the supervisor at the College Board and asked them to expedite it under the circumstances but they refused. Maybe this info will be useful to other foreign students. I hope that China doesn't have the same shortage of seats that the UK does; we had to register for the subject tests so far in advance to get a place it was crazy.

I will get in touch with the school year abroad people and let them know we're having problems.