Menu

IEW question

What is the bare minimum that I would need to buy to teach level C for the first time?  I am a lit major but my daughter needs extra help.  I don't know that we will use the DVDs.  But I want to make sure that all the teaching materials are there in addition to the student materials so I have a feeling just buying the student handout and notebook is not enough.

(My youngest did level A through a co-op and I felt like I could almost teach it just using her book but there seemed to be some "missing" parts that are obviously in a teacher's guide or something.)  And why is their site so confusing and overly-complicated?  I got a headache last night just trying to figure all this out. 

Thanks.

You will need the SWI-C CD's and notebook. You won't teach it- the CD's teach it.It doesn't cover lit- just writing. That's all you really need, from a minimalist pov.

You will want to borrow the TWSS if you can and watch them if you have time. 

The site is a pain. I have repped for them and know what they offer and I still have a hard time finding stuff on there. Mostly SWI is easy to understand. The only people I've ever had return stuff at a booth, though, are those who haven't watched the TWSS and don't "get" the program. 

You will need the SWI-C CD's and notebook. You won't teach it- the CD's teach it.It doesn't cover lit- just writing. That's all you really need, from a minimalist pov.

The site is a pain. I have repped for them and know what they offer and I still have a hard time finding stuff on there. Mostly SWI is easy to understand. The only people I've ever had return stuff at a booth, though, are those who haven't watched the TWSS and don't "get" the program. 

The SWIs come with the Overview DVD. I've never watched it, but it's almost 2.5 hours long. I would imagine it does a good job of explaining the program. Do you know if it is very helpful?

Thanks.  I just ordered the $250 set with SWI C and the TWSS.  If I'm going to spend that much money then I want to make sure that I have all the tools to make it work for us.