Menu

Writing suggestions please

We're giving Cover Story a try this year. It covers several different types of writing, has solid instruction, and my kids love it. If you keep up with the pace it will only last 24 weeks and leave time for other writing. Or you can slow each week down to 1.5 weeks and make it last a whole school year.

I'm not sure what you mean about the PDFs; but I think Essentials in Writing and Writing With the Best are both great programs.

Normally if a program is working, I see no reason to change it. Writing with Skill 1 worked fine last year, so normally I'd go straight to Writing with Skill 2. However, WWS2 is only available via PDF, which is a no go for me.

Thus I find myself here asking this question. :)

ETA: oh! I have write with the best vol 1 and had forgotten there is a vol 2... Off to look at it... Thanks.

Oh I see, I didn't realize it was only available that way.  We used WWS1 for a bit and I find that Classical Writing has some similarities and so does Writing With the Best.  They use literature selections as models and break down the writing process well.  Essentials in Writing seems to have a different approach to me but we love it too.