Menu

GunCraft - anyone have experience

PrincessMommy

My 13yr old wants to get GunCraft.   It's similar to Minecraft but with guns.  It's building weapons and using them but the graphics look similar to that chunky Minecraft style.  so, it doesn't look very realistic.   However, one reviewer says its like Minecraft and Call of Duty mixed together :scared:   Does anyone have any real experience with it?  How much "like Call of Duty" is it really? 

thanks

Guest inoubliable

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll be bracing myself for this request.

My answer will be NO!

Same here. Weaponry are not toys/games. 

Thanks for the heads up, OP.

Guest TheZMan

Hi there - I'm one of the developers on guncraft and this thread showed up in our searches.

Guncraft has recently been rated T for Teen by ESRB and we expect similar in other countries too:
TEEN

Content is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language.
(see http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp)

There are weapons - its a fairly traditional shooter with non realistic graphics. We have other modes such as racing, capture the flag and some novel modes such as Lava Survival and Meteor survival where shooting isn't the only goal. There is also a building aspect to the game though its nothing like minecraft in that regard.

There is no language in the game itself but as with many online games there's a chat function which some people choose to abuse. We have a 'bad word' filter to remove the worst of this and also chat can be disabled totally so you never see any of it. There's not much game developers can do beyond this as people want a chat function - the problem exists in most online games. We suspend and ban accounts if we catch people being particularly horrible but we cant be in every game all of the time. You can also play the game in private sessions so groups of friends can play without risk of outsiders spoiling things.

Saying all of that we understand that games with weapons are not for everyone so of course do the right thing for your family values. We do have many players who are teenagers and many of them are better behaved than the adults.