Menu

A & P for me?

I'm thinking I'd like to devise an anatomy and physiology course for myself, and I could use book recommendations.  Someone said in another thread that going through a book on medical terminology first would be a good idea, so I'd love book recs for that, too.  Right now I have these in my cart on Amazon. 

Anatomy, Physiology, and Disease with the Student Workbook (though I'm less interested in the "disease" part)

Medical Terminology

Are they good?  Are there better ones?  What do y'all suggest?  TIA!

The Anatomy and Physiology coloring books are good (the ones aimed at adults), especially if it fits your learning style. They contain text information as well, and I found them to be an useful summary even though I'm not really a coloring person.

I got the Pearson AP&D book you listed, and the workbook, for dd to use this coming year. It looks terrific. They also have a free student website you can register for, with lots of reinforcing activities, quizzes, flash cards, etc. And if you contact Pearson, they will give you access to all of the instructor materials as a homeschool teacher.

ETA, they also have a similar book, A&P (without the "disease").