Menu

Long shot - Looking for violin tablature for music from Legend of Zelda

Pegasus

DD recently started taking violin lessons and is being taught with tablature (not regular sheet music).  She would love to find some violin tab for music from the Legend of Zelda series of video games (especially Wind Waker).  We've tried several Google searches and are finding plenty of sheet music and tab for other instruments (mostly guitar).

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thank you very much.  I know this is a long shot but I've always been amazed at the collective store of knowledge that the members of this board so freely share.

http://www.gametabs.net/legend-zelda-wind-waker/title-theme

for mandolin.  It should be exactly the same.  Violin and mandolin are tuned the same.

I can't check it for you because I don't know how it's supposed to go and because I can only read tablature in a theoretical sort of way.

You don't need to tune the violin down as suggested unless she's intent on playing along with the video game.

If this comes up again and you can't find the mandolin tablature, if she's playing everything in first position, it's pretty easy to just write the finger numbers over the notes on sheet music.  You could add in the string names if she needs that.  The only overlap would be the 4th finger of one string being the same as the next open string.  It won't matter how she plays it, though.

The teacher should be able to write this in -- hopefully they know how to read music?

If the music is easy, it really shouldn't be too much of a stretch for your daughter to learn it from the music.  It may just take a bit more work, if she hasn't done it before.  At worst, she'll learn how to read music a bit earlier than her teacher intended, perhaps.

I can't sight read violin tablature and have never felt hampered by that lack.  But, as you're discovering, just about all things violin/fiddle are written as notes, not tablature.  But you can get most anything you need as mandolin tablature.

Admittedly, I know NOTHING about violin, but if you got a book of piano music could your instructor look at it and translate (is that even the right word, LOL?) into tablature for her? My son's piano teacher has been willing to take music that is too difficult for him and simplify it, re-writing it onto a sheet of blank staff paper. He actually just played "Dragon Roost Island" from Windwaker out of this book for his spring recital: 

http://www.amazon.com/The-Legend-Zelda-Easy-Piano/dp/0739083244/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405259391&sr=8-1&keywords=easy+piano+zelda

Now, if someone could find me the sheet music for Nanook of the North, I'd be THRILLED.

I'd be happy if someone could just find a sound file or video of it.  I've been looking for this for years.  I heard it once on the radio and I've never heard it again.  So all I can recreate is the first bar.

I don't mean the movie.  Apparently it was a fiddle tune named after the movie.