Menu

Suggestions for art for a 3rd grader

icngirl119

I'm looking for an easy-to-follow art instruction book or curriculum for my 8 year old.  He loves learning how to draw and I'm thinking he would be motivated to do this on his own, so preferably something that gives very good instructions...he's a great reader.  Any suggestions?  Thanks for your help!

Artistic Pursuits would give this kind of instruction, but they start this at 4th grade. They do have a curriculum for younger students that explores different kinds of art and allows them to try a lot of things. If your son is ready, he could probably use the 4th grade book--it's written to the student. The couple who writes the curriculum could help you figure out if your son is ready (according to their way of looking at art instruction and the typical stages children go through in producing art) for the 4th grade book. My husband and I both LOVED their presentation at our local homeschool convention.