Menu

Thermometer you like?

kbpaulie

I like the Vicks thermometer that changes color according to temp. Green is no fever, yellow is low grade and red is above 102. I like the colors so that I can see the numbers without turning on a light. It has accurate with dd1. Which reminds me that I need to buy a new one, they are about $10 at Walmart. I can't seem to buy a new battery for it locally so I will just buy a new one.

• 7 months later...

I'm bumping this back up.  Bought a $$ ear thermometer and I got a 3 degree variance yesterday with 3 readings for our 20mo.  It's never accurate for us, or at least not her and frequently not even out 9yo.  Probably just looking for something cheap.

Thanks

The Vicks one for $10 at Walmart is a good one, it's what I use for my girls. It's right on with the ear one they use at the doctor's office. There are a fair number of bad reviews, I think a lot of if has to do with the "freshness" of the thermometer.

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Vicks-Comfort-Flex-Digital-Thermometer-V966F/9875668?type=search