Menu

Anyone visited the Spy Museum in DC

My daughter is competing in National History Day next week and so we have a few days in DC. Ironically she is not a big history fan so I am looking for things that she might enjoy.

I believe the Spy Museum is cool so we will go there (and her website was on Civil War Women Spies). What I want to know is if anyone has paid for the 2 extra missions you can do. They look cool - I just want to know if a 14 year old would enjoy them.

I did pay for the one extra mission offered. It was ok for the two (9 and 10 year old) boys I took, but it wasnt indispensable to our enjoyment of the museum. There is enough to see otherwise. (and a special section on lady spies if I recall).

Did you do the City Mission (the one outside the museum) or the other one? My daughter is very much into "hands on" and not just looking at exhibits which is why I thought she might like the missions.

We did a mission when we went. It was maybe six years ago, so it may have changed since then. We had a blast! The museum was great overall, but the mission threw it over the top. Ours was all inside the museum; I don't think there was another option at the time.

We did a mission when we went. It was maybe six years ago, so it may have changed since then. We had a blast! The museum was great overall, but the mission threw it over the top. Ours was all inside the museum; I don't think there was another option at the time.

Great - there is still one inside that they say is for 12 and up. How long were you there for?

Great - there is still one inside that they say is for 12 and up. How long were you there for?

You mean how long were we in the museum? ... I have no idea. It was so long ago. I don't recall how long the mission lasted either, probably no more than an hour and possibly as short as half an hour.

Or, you mean how long were we in DC? ... We lived just outside DC for 2 years. I worked downtown and so was there almost every workday, but we only did tourist stuff with family when they visited right before we moved overseas.

No clue about the Spy Museum, but congrats on going to Nationals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:party:   :party:

I am more excited than she is! She loves science and would rather have been at Science Olympiad Nationals but our team came second and only the first team in our state gets through. Poor child won this instead ... I love history and haven't been to DC for 10 years so am happy. But we will likely spend twice  as much time in the Spy Museum, Air & Space and shopping as we do at the monuments and other museums. I do want her to feel rewarded for her achievement.