Menu

If you used Memoria Press for Kindergarten.......

kagmypts

what are your thoughts?  I want to order a Kindy program for our youngest in the next couple of days, and MP looks like it fits the bill.  I would love to hear any and all feedback.  Thank you so much.

ETA - If you started with MP and it did not work, why not and what did work?

We started it in fall 2012 for my then kinder and although I liked it well enough, she hated it. I knew it wouldn't be cute or colorful, but we had used Rod & Staff workbooks and she liked those a lot so I figured she didn't need anything flashy. Perhaps they have updated it since we used it, but it was dreadfully boring in my opinion, and even fun subjects like art and poetry were not enjoyable for her.  It was also not a good fit because she already knew how to read, but didn't have great fine motor skills required for all the writing it expected. I am sure it is a solid program, but it wasn't fun for my daughter, so we dropped it after a couple of months (we ended up using Christian Light for reading/language arts and Singapore for math and she was much happier). We've also tried Build Your Own Library , which has lesson plans for reading, copywork, history, and science and we enjoy that quite a bit.  Good luck.

WE LOVE IT!

No ifs ands or buts. 

It is easy on me, fairly easy on her now that she's on grade level with it (tried to start too early, got too hard too fast).

I'll be happy to answer specific questions about K if you have them.  Getting ready to sell my non-consumables if anyone is interested.

I also would be willing to talk to someone on the phone if you have a bunch of questions and want to pm me your phone number I'll call when I can.  I find it easier to have a conversation about it than type out...

WE LOVE IT!

No ifs ands or buts. 

It is easy on me, fairly easy on her now that she's on grade level with it (tried to start too early, got too hard too fast).

I'll be happy to answer specific questions about K if you have them.  Getting ready to sell my non-consumables if anyone is interested.

I also would be willing to talk to someone on the phone if you have a bunch of questions and want to pm me your phone number I'll call when I can.  I find it easier to have a conversation about it than type out...

I am sure that I will have some specific questions in the near future, and thank you for the offer.  I just PMed you about your non-consumables.