Menu

Washington DC hotel

I don't think the pics on the website do it justice, but we loved The Crystal City Marriott across the river.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/travel/wascc-crystal-city-marriott-at-reagan-national-airport/

It was definitely the fanciest hotel we've ever stayed in, but we were not out of place.  One of my kids said it looked like the hotels you see in movies. The pool was indoor/outdoor and not terribly crowded. Part of the time we were there, it was rainy, but we entertained ourselves by wandering through the (underground) halls of Crystal City and finding a restaurant.  If you've never been there, it's unforgettable.  The Metro was right under the hotel also, so we Metroed into the city.  My kids were SO impressed with every single thing about the hotel, which made it even more fun.

The hotel has deals on weekends, it looks like $129 a night, and it was $20? $25 per night to park our car at the hotel.

From what I've seen, most hotels have hugely discounted prices on the weekend, so you might be able to plan your trip accordingly.  It's also a lot cheaper to park in DC on weekends, if you drive in.

I don't think the pics on the website do it justice, but we loved The Crystal City Marriott across the river.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/travel/wascc-crystal-city-marriott-at-reagan-national-airport/

It was definitely the fanciest hotel we've ever stayed in, but we were not out of place.  One of my kids said it looked like the hotels you see in movies. The pool was indoor/outdoor and not terribly crowded. Part of the time we were there, it was rainy, but we entertained ourselves by wandering through the (underground) halls of Crystal City and finding a restaurant.  If you've never been there, it's unforgettable.  The Metro was right under the hotel also, so we Metroed into the city.  My kids were SO impressed with every single thing about the hotel, which made it even more fun.

The hotel has deals on weekends, it looks like $129 a night, and it was $20? $25 per night to park our car at the hotel.

From what I've seen, most hotels have hugely discounted prices on the weekend, so you might be able to plan your trip accordingly.  It's also a lot cheaper to park in DC on weekends, if you drive in.

:iagree:   We also stayed here and it was really nice.  Liked that it was easy to get to the Metro.