Menu

FLL & WWE or MCT?

I'm trying to finalize our English options for my 7 year old who will be in "3rd" in the fall. This year we have been using FLL2 and it has been going well. I don't love it and neither does he but it gets the job done. I skip a lot of the repetition and things that are obvious to him. So for next year I am not sure if I want to stick with it or try something else. So far I have W&R Fable for writing and Cesear's English 1. I want to add something to our writing and am not sure if I want to do WWE or Sentence Island. If I do Sentence Island should I go with Grammar Island as well and call it done? Can we even do one without the other? Or should I stick with FLL for grammar and then add WWE to what we already have for writing? 

I wouldn't do both CAP W&R and WWE because they seem like they cover similar skills and it would be redundant.

I personally use MCT + WWE together since MCT does not cover narration, copywork, or dictation skills.

In order to get a complete grammar program from MCT, you do need the "writing" book and the practice book. In your case, you can probably get away with skipping Grammar Island since it's a very brief overview and a lot of the material would be familar from FLL. So I would get SI + Practice Island.

I wouldn't do both CAP W&R and WWE because they seem like they cover similar skills and it would be redundant.

I personally use MCT + WWE together since MCT does not cover narration, copywork, or dictation skills.

In order to get a complete grammar program from MCT, you do need the "writing" book and the practice book. In your case, you can probably get away with skipping Grammar Island since it's a very brief overview and a lot of the material would be familar from FLL. So I would get SI + Practice Island.

I agree with Crimson Wife.

CW,

Following that line of thinking, would you skip Grammar Town, assuming you covered all of the Island Level?