Menu

Do you add a Bible Study to TOG?

I wonder if someone would mind linking to the Primer?

I would add reading Bible stories, as pp said. In 1st grade, we just used one that had the length of accurate, unembellished stories I was looking for, with good art. My son became a believer after reading the story on Moses lifting up the serpent in the wilderness. :) Very good memory!

We don't add Bible in TOG Year 1 since you basically do an overview of the whole Bible throughout the year.

I also used Leading Little Ones to God when they were little. In 2nd grade my children did Explorer's Bible Study Beginnings II independently.

We did Y2 this year so we didn't add any Bible to the school day.  We just used Church History. However we do try to read a chapter from a specific book of the Bible each night after dinner and discuss it.

Next fall, I will probably not do church history as it's mostly about missionaries (Y3), and I feel a good base in Apologetics for my rising 6th grader would be more beneficial.  We will study the world religion sections however.  We'll hit missionaries at some other point.

For Apologetics, we'll be using On Guard and its workbook by William Lane Craig.  When we finish that, we'll move on to Craig's other worktext: The Defense Never Rests which utilizes both of his books - On Guard and Reasonable Faith.

While the above is too old for the ages of your kids, Dr. Craig does have a very nice, thorough 10-book series out for kids in the age group you're looking for.  It is called Dr. Craig's What Does God Look Like series.  You can find them on Amazon.

The titles are:

• God is Spirit
  • God is Everywhere
  • God is Forever
  • God is Three Persons
  • God is All Loving
  • God is Self-Sufficient
  • God is All Knowing
  • God is All Powerful
  • God is All-Good
  • The Greatness of God