Menu

Oh, boy! What would you do?

shanvan

I have an issue with a shutterfly site for one of my Dc's activities.  Either a kid or a mom has posted photos from a newspaper  website.  These are photos taken by the staff photographer.  If you wanted those photos from the newspaper site you would have to pay for them.  In addition, an email with a link to the article was sent to some kids and not others, so it took us a while to realize where the photos came from.  Dh says they have to be taken down b/c they are copyrighted and no credit is being given to the photographer.  He says a link to the article can be posted on the homepage and then it is up to the individuals to do whatever they decide with the photos.  B/c I am the leader supervising the site I am giving credence to stealing by allowing the photos to remain up.  What do you think?  Do I need to send an email to the parents so that it doesn't happen again in the future?  I'm afraid I might hurt feelings or make enemies.  Can I just talk to the individuals privately?  

It's done.  And now it's occurring to me that I will have to tell the parents of the kids who were photographed so they will know why I took down the pictures and that they will have to get them from the original site.