Menu

sending AP and SAT Subject test scores to colleges?

Okra

I have a kind of stupid question that I'm sure you ladies can answer.  The answer seems obvious, but I haven't read anything about it, and I don't want to make any stupid mistakes.

My daughter is taking AP World History and AP European History tests in May.  She is also taking the SAT subject test for World History in June.  With all of these tests the College Board has offered to send the scores to a college for free for one month.

My daughter is a sophmore, and has no idea of what college she is interested in, so I don't think that we are going to send any scores.

I'm assuming that we can send these scores later for a fee?

Thanks all!

We only sent the AP scores directly to the college my daughter decided to attend (so they could award credit), which she knew by the time she sat for her AP's in May of senior year.  The AP score report sent to her college free was cumulative and included all of her scores from her first AP in 10th grade forward.  For admissions purposes, we included her AP scores on her transcript, and she was admitted to 2 top-30 schools with no problem. I know others on here send the official scores to all the schools they are applying to, but none of my dd's asked for them or appeared to care.

The SAT score report is also cumulative and includes SAT II's as well.  My daughter ended up taking a late SAT II in October of her senior year, so at that point we knew 3 or 4 schools she was definitely applying to and got the free report sent to them.  At that point we knew that all of her SAT/SAT II scores were strong and that we would not be using the score-choice option (where you can pick and choose which scores you send).  

Hope this helps!

Nancy