Menu

I think I just signed up to help start a Waldorf school 2 days/week next year. And

I'm not sure I meant to. My dd's teacher was "let go" without explanation last year at the very end of her year (her school goes from age 3-5) and we were crushed. A friend has a party for the kids to say goodbye to the teacher because we got no explanation as to why she was fired. It was weird. well, we talked at the party about starting something else with her a day or so a week. Anyway, I think we just had a big meeting with her where we decided to do a 2 day a week school with her at our friends house. I'm not sure I want to do that much, but the teacher wanted sorta 2 days for sure and I understand that, but now it's like my kids are going to school full time unless I quit the other school where they go 2 mornings a week. I love the teacher that was "let go" and I love the old school and now I feel very caught between the two. I probably shouldn't ask for advice because I basically got myself caught in this situation, but WWYD?

No advice, but I got caught in a similar situation this summer. My dd's old Montessori school split acrimoniously and her teacher went with the new school. I couldn't choose and felt so torn that I ended up enrolling the kids in a completely different summer program.

If you want to limit outside activities, you'll have to choose. I'm personally lame at setting limits and forcing myself to forego opportunities. Hopefully you've got more backbone!

Good luck and :grouphug:!