Menu

How To Beef Up TT Algebra??

Dd13 is working through TT Algebra I. I want to make sure she is getting what she will need to have her prepared for college. We are going to follow TT through Pre-Calculus in her Junior year. This way she can dual enroll for her senior year.

So, what is the easiest way to beef up TT? I have BJU Algebra, Lial's Algebra along with the teaching videos, and I am open to other ideas, I know CK-12 also had a free online algebra text. I am just not sure I want her to have to do 2 complete programs each year but she really likes the TT and is doing very well with it.

I have no experience with this but my plan is to add some life of fred in there to beef it up maybe.  My 2nd child love fred.  Like have him read the chapters alongside and maybe do some of the problems but not all.  My hope is this way it keeps it fun and interesting without really requiring 2 separate courses.  I agree my kids thrive with TT algebra I see no reason to stop using it because it isn't the "most rigorous" program out there.  You could also just beef it up with some khan academy.  That would be easy to link up with the lessons and perhaps teach multiple ways to tackle the same problems.

Christina

Thank you for that. I actually have been looking at the two today after someone else mentioned the same thing to me. I have been happy to find that TT is covering the same material and on some levels a bit deeper. Hmmm we may be just fine after all. :hurray:

Thank you for that. I actually have been looking at the two today after someone else mentioned the same thing to me. I have been happy to find that TT is covering the same material and on some levels a bit deeper. Hmmm we may be just fine after all. :hurray:

Yeah, the not rigorous enough hype is always strong and steady around here, but in real life does not exist.