Menu

Talk to me about Veritas Press theology, please

I've been looking at some of the different VP history programs, and while I really like the looks of them, I'm a bit confused by what people call their 'Reformed' stance. I am uneducated in this area and have no idea what this means. Could anyone enlighten me?

We are conservative Christians who believe in the Bible and take it literally. How would that fit with VP?

I am fairly secular and use VP because it's not preachy (at least for K-6, I'm not sure about Omnibus). I feel it is truly a "spine". You can add your own theology to it, or not, and not have to edit out or re-teach. I think you would find it a great program to launch into discussions about how your family interprets the Bible. 

Reformed theology (ie. Calvin, A few contemporaries: John Piper, David Platt) ... believes in the "doctrines of grace" (predestination being the main issue non reformed people have an issue with) -- VP is very conservative and Bible believing. Even if you are not "reformed" there would be no issue in the elementary program- it is not heavy on theology. Omnibus however, would have a lot more theology integrated into the program. 

Thank you for the replies :)

I was mostly looking at Omnibus (just looking ahead...) and was concerned because there is so much theology in there. However, the sheer size and scope of Omnibus appeals to me :D

It sound like it would be okay, however. We take the Bible very literally, and it sounds like VP does too.

The only other thing that bothered me was the examples given of LOTR in Omnibus 1...why do people insist on thinking that's a Christian text?