Menu

Just put the house on the market

blondeviolin

Our house has been on the market for a couple weeks now. We just did our realtors tour last Friday. It went pretty well - I got really positive feedback from everyone that came to see it. We've had 3 people come to do a walk-through so far - the last couple came twice. That's a good sign!

Sorry, I posted before I finished. I don't think showings start to pick up until other realtors are aware of your property. It also took about a week for our listing to show up on all the websites, after the initial posting on the realtor's site. I takes a little but to pop up everywhere. 2 days isn't long at all. Be glad while you have breaks - I havvto keep my house perfect all the time. It's only been 2 weeks for us, and that's already getting old! I'm hoping to get an offer, but I don't expect it to happen this quick - it seems we have about a 120 turn around in our area. So, hopefully this summer... Fingers crossed!! :-)

Around here towns have sort of fallen into specific days for tours so the realtors can see all the new houses from one town on one day, another town the next, etc. We live in a densely populated area so it's almost a necessity due to the numbers of houses plus the driving and traffic. Our town's day is Tuesday. It's not official, just that if you hold a different day fewer realtors will come so everyone complies. Does your town have a day?

No reason to worry yet unless you live in an area with extremely high demand.

Around here towns have sort of fallen into specific days for tours so the realtors can see all the new houses from one town on one day, another town the next, etc. We live in a densely populated area so it's almost a necessity due to the numbers of houses plus the driving and traffic. Our town's day is Tuesday. It's not official, just that if you hold a different day fewer realtors will come so everyone complies. Does your town have a day?

No reason to worry yet unless you live in an area with extremely high demand.

This makes sense. I was thinking the weekend probably is not the time they do tours like that. I don't wanna harass our realtor, so I'll give it a day or two before we call her back.

I'm really hoping it'll sell quickly because we are moving across the continent!

They like to do the realtor tours on weekdays so the buyers' agents are prepared with their own clients for the weekend. They can see the place and then speak knowledgeably and schedule times  with their clients or let the buyers know the open house times if they're going on their own. 

If you're wondering just drop a quick line to the realtor asking if he or she is setting up the tour or if they come on a standard day. It's not harassment to check about the marketing of your home.  :)