Menu

great free vocabulary resource

Hey, that does look great.  Are you continuing with Caesar's English?  Dd11 is finishing book 1 and will go on to book 2, but I'm wondering what to do after that.  

eta: Just discovered all the different lists they have--SAT, grade level, book specific.  Amazing.

Amy

We finished Caesar's English 1 and we are going to start CE 2 but taking a little break. I really like vocabulary.com though! It's fun and they enjoy getting points. And yes, the specific lists are fantastic. I wonder if they have a "classical books" list, kwim? 

ETA: oooh, they have word lists based on historical documents like The Declaration of Independence and such. This is going to be very helpful. 

I went and checked it out (very cool) and thought I'd give it a whirl myself. I was very pleased with myself for a couple rounds until the inevitable blow to my pride when I realized how small my vocabulary actually is. Good thing we're starting Latin roots soon!