Menu

Dumb craft question

amo_mea_filiis.

I made a board for ds to track his Magic Tree House book progress. It's a poster board with 51 squares glued on.

I was thinking of covering it with contact paper, but I can't get any locally.

Would a spray bottle of Mod Podge serve the same purpose?

When I was reading the labels of everything in that section, I wasn't sure what to get. I don't want to glue anything, but just protect/add a coating kind of like contact paper would do.

Do you have an office supply or teacher supply store? It would be cheaper to laminate than buy Mod Podge. I've never used the spray version, but the liquid style will give the poster a solid topcoat that will keep squares attached forever. It's what's used to decoupage.

I second the recommendation to look in the household goods section where the shelf liner stuff is. That's where I've found contact paper before. And I agree it might be easier just to get it laminated. I prefer double-sided tape to glue for the small pieces; faster, less messy. Check your local dollar store; around here Dollar Tree carries a decent double-sided tape.

ETA: I have no experience with spray Mod Podge so I don't know how it compares to contact paper or laminating.